As part of a contract to create a new identity for UWinnipeg PACE, we designed a Winnipeg Transit "Interior Card" (11"H x 35"W) ad. The main purpose of the ad was to raise awareness of the name and branding change from UWinnipeg DCE to UWinnipeg PACE but it also gave us an opportunity to test some augmented reality features before working on their course catalogue.
When users scanned the interior transit ad with the free Layar app for iPhone or Android, they saw floating buttons that provided these options:
- Join PACE on Facebook
- This took viewers to the UWinnipeg PACE Facebook page where they could "like" the page and read the latest news at PACE.
- Download the PACE iOS App
- This took viewers to the iTunes preview page for Lanoie.com's Mobile-U app for UWinnipeg PACE ICT.
- Augmented Reality Transit
- This launched the geo-layer we created for UWinnipeg PACE ICT students that allows them to view real-time Winnipeg Transit information while using Layar.
- Visit the PACE website
- This took viewers to pace.UWinnipegCourses.ca.
- Follow PACE on Twitter
- This let viewers see and follow the latest tweets from UWinnipeg PACE (@uwinnipegDCE).
Transit bus ad
Transit bus ad after being scanned with Layar